The Ups of the Fall-A look back on Fall Sports

Back to Article
Back to Article

Owen Tracey, Jake Serrano, M. Munson contributors, Sports Writers

Fall Sports starts out in the heat of summer with morning and night practices, captain’s practices, endless sessions in the weight room and shortened summers but it is all worth it as the season winds down to winter and the crisp autumn air returns.

This year in fall sports saw a lot of rainy, cool days where normally it is sunny and mild.  For the boys, the fall has less options than the spring with only three teams to join:  Football, Soccer and Cross Country.  For the Girl’s there is Field Hockey, Soccer, Volleyball, Tennis, Gymnastics, Cheerleading and Cross Country.  Although some may say that Marching Band isn’t necessarily a sport, they wear uniforms, compete every week and enter additional competitions.  Many boys and girls are on this team.  Another “sport” here at the high school that is very popular is the Weight Room.  Many students like to lift and train for upcoming seasons under the guidance of a weight room coach.

The story this fall has been the tremendous play of the Boy’s and Girl’s Varsity Soccer Teams. 

The Boy’s team bolted to an 11-1 start and the Girl’s were at 8-8 and 5-3 in the conference.”

The Boy’s team won a state playoff game and they are playing another while the Girl’s are playing a game as of this writing.  The Football team currently is at 4-5 and has had to play with some key injuries in a new, tough division called the Constitution.

Girl’s Tennis finished the season with an excellent record of 12-5. Field Hockey wound up 9-8-3 and made it to the states, where they lost to Delsea.  Girl’s gymnastics stretched to a record of 3-8. Girl’s Volleyball netted an 8-11 record.