The L.I.O.N.

The L.I.O.N.

Senior Six Spur Soccer Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Six Spur Soccer Season

Front Row: L-R Allie Toth, Alexis Connor, Skylar Dean
Back Row: L-R E.B. Fastow, Tia Ramos, Emily Hamilton

Front Row: L-R Allie Toth, Alexis Connor, Skylar Dean Back Row: L-R E.B. Fastow, Tia Ramos, Emily Hamilton

Coach Brewster, Contributor

Although the Girl’s Soccer team lost in the state playoffs, assistant coach Robert Brewster was very appreciative of this year’s senior players.
Mr. Brewster:  “The final was Cherry Hill West (3) – Lacey Township (0).  This was the first round of the state playoffs and we were the eighth seed, Cherry Hill West was the ninth seed.

It was the final game for Seniors Allie Toth, Skylar Dean, Tia Ramos, Alexis Connor, Elizabeth Fastow and team manager Emily Hamilton.  Six hardworking, passionate seniors. ”

— Coach Brewster

Tia Ramos played hard and tough in what would be her final match in her white and navy Lions uniform. Her passionate play, dedication to her team, and her ability to shut down opposing offenses defined who she was.
Allie Toth ran the holding mid position and transitioned late in the game up top in an attempt to spur the Lions offense.  It was too little too late, but she managed to manifest multiple scoring opportunities that were shut down by Cherry HIll West’s tough defense and athletic goal keeper.  Skyler Dean worked off the bench in the outside mid position and provided extra energy on the field which other players fed off of.  Alexis Connor and Elizabeth Fastow had been unfortunately sidelined by injury earlier in the year and their absence was felt on the field.
Other Standouts: Sophomore, Julianna Rettino, wrecked havok when she got the ball at her feet, but was unable to finish in the final game of the 2018 season.
Overall, it was a 8-9-1 season (5-3 in division), which will set the foundation of the 2019 season and hopefully will lead to the continued success of the program. It can not be emphasized enough how important these six seniors were in continuing a legacy of hard work and dedication at Lacey Township High School that they should be proud of.  They surely will be missed. “